Rolling Acres Farms overlooks Chatata Valley in Charleston, TN. Originally owned by Colonel Mee, an officer in the Confederate Army, Rolling Acres Farms has been in production agriculture since the 1840s. The original 1844 plantation home, the “Big House”, is still used as a residence.
Paul Sanders purchased the farm in 1951, and the Sanders have been there ever since. A second, third, and now fourth generation live on the farm. Other kinfolk and cousins – the Moodys, Evans, Sargents, Martins, and Rogers – are frequent visitors. Except for a renegade Methodist, the family is Southern Baptist and since 1951 has attended New Friendship Baptist Church.